Welcome to Dan's Cotton Candy
Cotton Candy is big again. Really big. As much as we still love the classic gummy bears and chocolate bars, new dessert stops are offering even more photo-op-friendly treats.
The real star of the show is - the Cotton Candy. Dan's Cotton Candy is famous in it's heritage.
Here, it has made a name for itself with the giant cotton candy. For about $6 to $9, you get a freshly spun dome of the delicate sugar in a rainbow hue of four flavors: 805 Strawberry, Grapefruit, Blue Hawaii and Grape.
It takes about five to six minutes to make, usually in front of a curious crowd. Each color does have its own taste, but in this format, the flavors run together. There is a bonus of eating this within a crowd, the order line just grows. Nutritional calculations are 135 calories for our largest Cotton Candy. Our Largest size is about 4-5 Feet Tall !
Some tips to consider:
* Bring wipes. Napkins just won’t do.
* Water or a good drink would also be helpful to wash it down.
* Be ready to wait. There is only one person working the cotton candy machine. So if there are several rainbow orders ahead of you, it could take awhile. The wait is worth it, and the process is fun to watch.
* Want to really taste the flavors? Get a smaller version. if you’re not going for the Instagram photo (or to draw attention from people of all ages asking about the unusual dessert), get one flavor for so you can truly taste the melon, grapefruit or plain.
* Buy a bucket of Cotton Candy instead of on a stick?. Resealable three-color cotton candy buckets are also available.